Synchronized Snoring


Yesterday's anticipated heat wave amounted to a blazing high of 33° F.  Nothing thawed. The body count in front of the fireplace has actually increased by two.  That's an even dozen people in the living room, four in the office, Emily and I in the loft above the office, and six more in the two bedrooms in the basement.   So, I'm lying here listening to the collective breathing of everyone and wondering what kind of load rating I used when I designed the floor trusses for this place.   Twenty-four people in a cabin I designed to be cozy for just Emily and I!

Well, it's just real  cozy about now.  I'm writing this at 3:00 AM while listening to the whole damn family snore, in unison.  Except for Emily, the poor dear.  Em and I have lived together for eight years now and my family considers her one of us.  Her genes,though, just don't quit know how to adapt to some our ways.  Like, apparently, snoring together.  She's just not quite in sync.  In fact, she's so out of sync that it's driving me nuts.  So I wake her up.

If there were an empty couch in this house, I'd be sleeping on it for the next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment